Thursday, November 6, 2014

Poetry Collection Fall 2014: I. Alone

The umber lights, strung upon poles,
Once gleaming with lust,
Now singular and dull, are apathetic eyes;
O, such indifference.
A sepia village, shingles shoulder to shoulder,
Once boisterous with warmth,
Now blanketed with plethoric icy powder;
A coat of ash on me.
The rusting conifers, balding and shedding its needles,
Once olive and  emerald with life,
Now ochre and copper in death;
Acknowledge my insignificance.
Even in an ocean of faces, so clamorous and festive,
Once thrilling and vibrant,
Now alien – a desolate sea of bronze;
I am no one now.

And all those emotions, once blossoming and sweet,
 Now withered, leave the burnt taste of disdain;
Now, forever warning me:
All things beautiful can fade to dust. 

No comments: